The Junior League of Gwinnett and North Fulton Counties (JLGNF) has approximately 120 Active and Sustaining Members consisting of CEOs, entrepreneurs, mothers and professional women from diverse backgrounds. Each of our members balances her work and home life with her volunteer hours to help JLGNF make a difference in the communities that we serve. Our League offers training, leadership development, community involvement and the opportunity to build relationships with fellow League members.
Benefits of Membership
With your JLGNF membership you will receive:
Training– We offer Junior League University which is a group of courses focusing on various areas including budgeting, conflict management, leadership, etc. We have an on line library which hosts training session videos and materials.
Relationships – You will have the opportunity to meet a diverse group of women in your community that share the same visions for community improvement.
Leadership Development – You will have the opportunity to chair committees that directly serve our mission. Your learned leadership skills will offer you opportunities to serve in leadership roles for other organizations and local boards of directors.
Community Impact – You will be a part of an organization committed to developing the potential of women through training, leadership opportunities, and service with the purpose of strengthening our community by creating and implementing collaborative volunteer projects.
Transfer of Membership – As part of The Associations of Junior Leagues International, Inc., members have the ability to transfer their membership to Leagues in the United States, Canada, Mexico and England.
- Must be at least twenty-two (22) years of age. No maximum age restriction
- Completed and signed New Member application
2019-2020 New Member Requirements
- Fulfill New Member annual dues & course fee ($300) by Friday, August 23, 2019
- Attend New Member orientation & training on Saturday, August 24, 2019
- Participate in the New Member class project
- Attend 4 of 9 monthly General Membership Meetings (second Tuesday of each month)
- Attend 5 of 8 monthly New Member Meetings (fourth Thursday of each month)
- Complete a 2-hour shift at JLGNF’s signature fundraiser, High Heels & High Times
- Complete a Community IMPACT Shift
- Participate in a placement interview for the 2020-2021 League year
If you would like more information about joining the next New Member class of JLGNF, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the JLGNF office at 770-686-7463.